Security Advisor at Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) AG in Location Tirana (TIRANA) , Albania – Job | LinkedIn
IndustryOil & Energy
Employer job ID2881
About this job
The Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) AG is a joint venture company established with the purpose of planning, developing and building the TAP natural gas pipeline. TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), SOCAR (20%), Statoil (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
For TAP’s Country Office in Albania we are looking to engage a Host Country Security Advisor, reporting to the Country Manager (CM) Albania and a dotted reporting line to the Security Manager in TAP’s Head Office.
The Security Adviser looks after and coordinates all TAP Albania security issues for project execution to ensure the security of project personnel, assets and activities. The Security Adviser will be the single point of contact and coordination for all TAPs security matters in Albania. The Security Adviser will advise TAP CM the country level: strategic, operational and current security status. She/he will be the single point of contact for the public and private security organizations and coordinate TAP’s interface with the security organizations of the PMC and EPCs in country.
- Advise and support CM in the management of all security matters for TAP activities in Albania. Provide regular updates to CM on security issues in Albania. Assess the security situation as it applies to TAP in Albania.
- Provide advice & guidance to TAP CM on Security and related topics including Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights and community liaison.
- Develop a system to ensure the security of TAP personnel in country (including contractors), travellers and other stakeholders (including shareholders & VIPs) engaged on TAP activities. Provide to personnel in Albania the appropriate induction briefing and training.
- Support and assist in developing detailed procedures for the behaviour and conduct of TAPs personnel in Albania. Deliver a periodic training package to contractor management, briefing them on security and political developments, evacuation procedures etc.
- Jointly with HSE personnel develop and rehearse contingency and crisis management plans, including both evacuation and medical emergency. Develop or support the development and activation of the TAP Crisis response plan for Albania.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the project relevant security agencies in Albania and represent TAP on all security issues in regular meetings and liaison with TAPs partners, associates and main contractors in Albania. Develop a network of contacts in Albania to support the logistics aspects of TAPs planned activities.
- University degree in a relevant subject and strong background in military, police, law enforcement or intelligence services at a senior level;
- At least 15 years’ experience in asset and personnel protection of large project activities;
- Familiar with the International Code of Conduct with Private Security Companies and with the implementation of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights;
- Experience with multi-disciplined and multi-cultural working environments;
- Experience of working in complex environments with multiple stakeholders, local stakeholders, regulators, public officials, communities, government agencies, etc.;
- Experience with the management of the business relationships with private security providers, state security forces and communities, and be familiar with and have an extensive network in the operating environment;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Driven, organised, disciplined and task oriented with the urge to deliver results;
- Demonstrable ability to operate under pressure;
- Proficient with MS Office systems plus Information Security requirements;
- Proficient in Albanian and English.
To apply, please first open a candidate profile on our e-recruiting page and then use the online application form. Application sent by e-mail or in paper format cannot be considered.
About this company
Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) AG
The Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) AG is a company established to plan, develop and build the TAP natural gas pipeline.
TAP is responsible for the development and operation of the gas transportation infrastructure from the Greece/Turkey border to Southern Italy.
Once operational, TAP will provide transportation capacity that enables interested parties to market their gas on the European markets.
TAP will bring Caspian natural gas to Europe. Starting at the border of Greece and Turkey, where it will connect with the Trans Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP), TAP will cross Northern Greece, Albania and the Adriatic Sea to Southern Italy, where it will connect to the Italian gas transportation grid.
TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), SOCAR (20%), Statoil (20%), Fluxys (16%), Total (10%), E.ON (9%) and Axpo (5%).
TAP AG has its headquarters in Baar, Switzerland and offices in Athens, Tirana, Rome and Lecce.
Currently, TAP employs approximately 80 oil and gas specialists from many countries and more than 200 experts from contracted service companies.